CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
Is it time to take your Children’s Services career to the next level with the Australian Careers Business College Online.
Whether you are currently working in the Children’s Services sector and wish to upgrade your skills and qualification, or you are looking for a career change, this versatile qualification can provide the skills and knowledge to meet minimum industry requirements.
You could be studying for this nationally-recognised qualification within three business days!* We’ve got all the tools and support you need – at a pace to suit you. There’s no to need to attend a campus to enrol or complete your study.
You could be framing your Australian Careers Business College qualification within 12 months**. How does it get better than that?
*Courses commence on the next available Monday from your application date allowing for administration requirements **Depends on your selected course duration.
This qualification is ideal for you if you are interested in working in the early childhood sector or looking to take your next step in this industry. You will develop the knowledge and skills to be able to create early childhood programming and planning skills, including curriculum design and implementation. The course also considers crucial management skills in supervising staff and volunteers while taking a leadership role in working with families.
Your work as an Early Childhood Educator will be governed by a regulated learning framework. Collectively, the Education and Care Services, National Regulations and the National Quality Standards set this approved delivery charter. Your Diploma will further familiarise you with this broader context of Early Childhood Education and Care.
Early childhood professionals enjoy numerous advantages including:
- Strong careers and employment growth prospects
- Exceptional job security in a high demand industry
- Access to a broad spectrum of industries.
Quick Check: Am I ready for this qualification?
Take our quick check to see if you’re ready to change your life through study with Australian Careers Business College online.
- Year 11 of the NSW Higher School Certificate or its equivalent.
- This online course is only available to residents of NSW.
- This course is only available as a 12 or 18-month duration option.
Don’t have this entry requirement? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! We have a simple and easy online assessment for you to help us determine that the course will suit your abilities. Talk to a Careers Advisor about this.
Students wishing to enrol in the CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care must hold either the CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or the earlier version CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Eduction and Care.
ACBC also requires students to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test to assess their ability to successfully engage in the course.
It’s important to make sure that your online study fits in with your work and lifestyle.
- Choose from 12 OR 18 months to complete your study
|CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care|
|Study option||Recommended minimum weekly study||Recommended minimum coach contact||Suggested minimum weekly log ins|
CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care has 15 subjects (units). The course has been designed using the guidelines provided in the CHC Training package. There are 12 core units and 3 elective units. The subjects are listed below:
12 CORE UNITS
BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
CHCECE041 Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
CHCECE042 Foster holistic early childhood learning, development and wellbeing
CHCECE043 Nurture creativity in children
CHCECE044 Facilitate compliance in a children’s education and care service
CHCECE045 Foster positive and respectful interactions and behaviour in children
CHCECE046 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
CHCECE047 Analyse information to inform children’s learning
CHCECE048 Plan and implement children’s education and care curriculum
CHCECE049 Embed environmental responsibility in service operations
CHCECE050 Work in partnership with children’s families
CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
3 ELECTIVE UNITS
CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
CHCINM002 Meet community information needs
CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication
Compulsory practicum placement
This course includes a compulsory practicum component with a total duration of a minimum of 240 hours. This requirement is not negotiable. This means that students must either have a suitable workplace (registered early childhood service) or be matched with a workplace by Australian Careers Business College. Workplaces must be approved by ACBC and evidence of employer agreement to the arrangement must be provided.
The workplace practicum is essential to enable completion of assessment activities and to practise skills learnt online. Part of the assessment for this course is a number of supervisor reports from the workplace.
For students who nominate a 12-month study option, this will require around three days per month in the workplace for the duration of the course. For students who nominate the 18-month option, two days per month in a workplace will be required.
What you will need
- Access to the internet
- Computer Access with a web camera (word processing, Skype, web surfing, downloading forms and templates)
- Access to Google Drive (Google account)
- Email address (for enrolment communication)
- A workplace to complete assessment and practicum activities*
- The ability to attend a workplace for a full three working days per week for the 12-month option and two days per week for the 18-month option.
* If you do not have a suitable workplace (registered childcare service) Australian Careers Business College can match you with one. All workplaces must be approved by Australian Careers Business College.
It really is as easy as it sounds!
Australian Careers Business College gives you great learning materials and instructions and amazing personal support. In a classroom with others you may feel embarrassed to ask questions.
With your dedicated Personal Learning Coach and Assessors, you will be top of the class every time at Australian Careers Business College.
Fast track to university with credit points at leading universities
Every year, hundreds of Australian Careers Business College Graduates use their vocational qualification to fast track into leading universities.
Australian Careers Business College has negotiated credit point deals with the following universities for successful graduates of the full Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care qualification:
Australian Catholic University
80 credit points (160 credit points remain) into Bachelor of Arts (Pathway to Teaching Birth – 5/Birth – 120)
Western Sydney University
80 credit points towards Bachelor of Education (0-5 years)
Want to discuss your pathway to university? Book a Careers Advice Session.
Our Careers Advisors are on hand to help you plan a pathway to the university degree you are striving for and show you how you can achieve your career goals.
The ACBC advantage
Premium quality early childhood professionals are highly sought after across greater Sydney and Australia-wide. Completing CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care through ACBC secures you many career advantages. Our syllabus has been developed in conjunction with early childhood professionals to ensure industry-relevant skill-building. Your course will be delivered by industry-respected trainers and assessors who are current early childhood education and care practitioners, so you get access to professional guidance based on real experience.
The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care equips you to work in diverse jobs involving children and families. Graduates have a strong foundation to work towards roles including:
- Day Care Centre Manager
- Childcare Staff Supervisor
- Children’s Services Coordinator
- Out Of School Hours Care Provider.
What are you waiting for?
Are you ready to make a real difference in your career opportunities? Join over 6,000 ACBC Graduates who have made the step to rewarding employment or university.
Get the qualifications you deserve at a pace that suits you! We’re with you all the way!
Have Questions Before You Enrol?
- Duration 52/78 Weeks
- Skill level AQF 5
- Language English
What support will you have?
ACBC provides real support in real-time. We know that you have commitments other than study – and so we make our support team available from 9am to 8pm -7 days a week*
- Our specialist Learning Coaches are available to you for an average of 3 hours per cluster. That’s like having your own private tutor!
- For CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, we guarantee you a minimum of 48 hours of personal one-on-one telephone and email support to help you to complete your qualification.
- You will be observed and assessed in your practicum workplace by an assessor from ACBC. This course has a minimum of 12 workplace visits by an ACBC assessor
- You can book a telephone or Skype coaching session with your Learning Coach 7 days a week between 9am and 8pm (book 12 hours ahead).
- IT assistance is available through our IT Support Unit.
- You can access Career Guidance support Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm by emailing our Careers Advisors and booking a support session.
- Our course administrators will keep an eye on how often you are logging into study. If we think you need more study time or to extend your course time – we’ll get in touch!
What learning resources you will have access to?
At ACBC we believe that learning should be stress free. Everything you need is provided via password login access, Including:
- Learner study guides (downloadable)
- Assessment guides (downloadable)
- Links to digital media for study and research
- Online college community forums
- Webinars and tutorials – simply book in and link with other online students
How will YOU be assessed?
Whether you are new to vocational study or are coming back for more, our assessment system is one of the fairest and consistent around.
- There are assessment tasks (assessments) for each of the 16 modules in the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Assessments may include research projects; written exercises and online activities. Workplace assessment and supervisor reports are also part of this course.
- When you nominate a course duration, we will provide you with a customised assessment submission timetable.
- We use a simple to use cloud-based system called ‘CloudAssess’.
- Simply complete your study; download and complete an assessment template from CloudAssess and then upload it back to CloudAssess.
- Your assessor will assess your work within 3 business days and send you an assessment outcome report.
- Sometimes you may need more than one attempt at an assessment task. Don’t worry! We provide our online students with up to 3 attempts at each assessment task.
- If you need to resubmit a task or part of a task, you can book an assessment feedback session to discuss where you need to focus in your resubmission.
*Support available by appointment