Australian Careers Business College (ACBC) has been a leader in vocational education and learning for over 20 years. The college is approved by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) to deliver selected nationally recognised qualifications.
ACBC is highly regarded by industry and government, and is approved to deliver state and commonwealth programs. ACBC’s excellence in learning and assessment has resulted in over 6,000 students graduating with a nationally recognised qualification leading to employment, university study or promotion in their workplace. Now, to serve students who are looking for a premium alternative to a campus-based experience, ACBC has rolled their knowledge experience in shaping careers into ‘ACBC Online’. This exciting platform offers a supported learning model that recognises the needs of part-time students.
Unique features of ACBC Online include a trainer for every student and a support team of professional educators and Careers Advisors. The ACBC Online team care about assisting students to achieve their career goals through online study. Make the choice to study in your own time with ACBC Online today.
How does ACBC online learning work?
ACBC Online offers you all the benefits of going to college – but in your own time!
We offer nationally recognised qualifications at your own pace, with all the support you would expect from a premium college experience. All from the comfort of your own home or office – or anywhere!
There’s no waiting for classes to start and you can start anytime!
Enrol with ACBC Online and you can be studying your Diploma course within as little as three business days! We’ll prepare a customised study guide for you and you will be on your way to your dream job or promotion.
After you make an online enquiry, we will contact you to discuss the course you have chosen and answer any questions. Then we arrange an enrolment. The whole process is as easy as 1-2-3!
It’s Easy to Start Your Learning with ACBC Online
1. Make an enquiry: complete enrolment and, depending on your course, select a duration for study (26, 52 or 78 weeks.)
2. Log in and access your course materials and support.
3. Log in weekly and complete your study tasks and assessments.
4. Connect regularly with your trainer (phone, email, zoom).
Graduate with a full nationally-recognised qualification when you have demonstrated competency for all units or graduate with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for selected units.
What you will need
- Access to the internet
- Computer access (word processing, web surfing, downloading forms and templates)
- Access to Google Drive (Google account)
- Email address (for enrolment communication)
- Access to a telephone (for enrolment, coaching and technical support)
What skills and abilities you will need
- Year 12 (HSC or equivalent) or the ability to demonstrate literacy and numeracy skills to exit level 4 of the Australian Core Skills Framework. Talk to our Careers Advisors for more details.
- Basic to intermediate keyboarding and computer skills.
- Details may vary for each course – see details in the course tab.
What learning resources you will have access to
At ACBC we believe that learning should be stress free. Everything you need is provided via password login access. Including:
- Learner study guides (downloadable)
- Assessment guides (downloadable)
- Links to digital media for study and research
Your questions answered
- Online learning is designed so that each learner can complete their study in a timeframe to suit them. Options ranging from 12 to 18 months are available depending on your course.
- You will be asked to nominate an indicative duration of 12 or 18 months when you enrol. This can be amended later if you decide that you require more or less time.
- See each individual course to find out about suggested weekly hours required for study.
ACBC provides real support in real time. We know that you have commitments other than study – and so we make our support team available from 8:30am to 8:30pm on weekdays and 12PM-4PM on Saturdays and Sundays.*
- Our specialist trainers are available to you for an average of 2 hours per unit of competency. That’s like having your own private tutor!
- Coaching sessions are a great way to discuss your progress and ask questions about content and assessment requirements.
- 30 minutes of telephone assessment feedback sessions are also allocated for each unit of competency. You will receive a written assessment report and, if needed, discuss what you need to do for your next attempt.
- IT assistance is available through our IT Support Unit. If you have IT issues accessing ACBC materials or uploading assessments, you can access telephone and email support.
- You can access Career Guidance support Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm by emailing our Careers Advisors and booking a support session.
- Our course administrators will keep an eye on how often you are logging into study. If we think you need more study time or to extend your course time – we’ll get in touch!
*Weekend support available by appointment
- There are assessments for each unit of competency in your course. See our course outlines for more details.
- Assessment is a process where you complete set tasks and submit them for our qualified Assessors to review them.
- Tasks may include research projects, written exercises and online activities.
- Your dedicated Learning Coach is available to guide you throughout your course if you have any questions.
- Sometimes you may need more than one attempt at an assessment task. Don’t worry! We provide our online students with up to three attempts at each assessment task.
- If you need to resubmit a task or part of a task, you can book an assessment feedback session to discuss where you need to focus in your resubmission.
- Vocational learning is about making sure that you can ‘demonstrate competency’. This means that the assessments you submit and the marking guides used by our Assessor become the evidence to support the issue of your qualification – at the end of the course.
- When you nominate a course duration, we will provide you with a customised assessment submission timetable.
- We use a cloud-based system called ‘Cloud Assess’. As part of your enrolment you will be given a log-in and support on how to use Cloud Assess. We also have IT technical support available.
- Cloud Assess is very easy to use. Simply complete your study and discuss your assessments with your Learning Coach. The next step is to download an assessment template from Cloud Assess, complete the template and then upload it back to Cloud Assess.
- Cloud Assess sends you a confirmation of your assessment lodgement and then your assessor will assess your work within three business days.
- Cloud Assess will automatically send you an assessment outcome report once your Assessor has marked your work. If you have achieved competency, you can celebrate and move on to the next assessment! If you need to try again, you can book a session with your Learning Coach to prepare for your resubmission. It’s that easy!
- We’ve got you covered! If you are having difficulty with any part of your course, just call a Careers Advisor Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm to make a plan for extra support.
- Our team is here to support you and keep you motivated
What are you waiting for?
Are you ready to make a real difference in your career opportunities? Join over 6,000 ACBC Graduates who have made the step to rewarding employment or university study.
Get you the qualifications you deserve at a pace that suits you! We’re with you all the way!