CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
Take your career to the next level with the Australian Careers Business College Online.
Whether you are looking for a career choice or seeking to progress in your career, this versatile qualification will give you the skills and knowledge for a great career in Community Services.
You could be studying for this nationally recognised qualification within three business days!*
We have all the tools and support you need – at a pace to suit you. There’s no to need to attend a campus to enrol or complete your study.
You could be framing your Australian Careers Business College qualification within 12 months**. How does it get better than that?
*Courses commence on the next available Monday from your application date allowing for administration requirements **Depends on your selected course duration.
Community Services is a service for which there will always be strong demand. CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services equips you with essential skills to support people through a range of social and personal issues. Your studies will develop your understanding of key development theories while equipping you to work with diverse people in a variety of contexts.
The Diploma of Community Services is a nationally recognised course that provides the first step towards a career in community services. This qualification reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in managing, coordinating and/
or delivering person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities.
Quick Check: Am I ready for this qualification?
Take our quick check to see if you’re ready to change your life through study with Australian Careers Business College online.
- Year 11 of the NSW Higher School Certificate or its equivalent.
- This course is only available as a 12 or 18-month duration option.
- Don’t have this entry requirement? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! We have a simple and easy online assessment for you to help us determine that the course will suit your abilities. Talk to a Careers Advisor about this.
- No pre-requisites for this course.
It’s important to make sure that your online study fits in with your work and lifestyle.
- Choose from 12 OR 18 months to complete your study
|CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services|
|Study option||Recommended minimum weekly study||Recommended minimum coach contact||Suggested minimum weekly log-ins|
CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services has 16 subjects (units). The course has been designed using the guidelines provided in the CHC Training package. There are 8 core units and 8 elective units. The subjects are listed below:
CHCDEV002 Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in
community work and services
CHCCCS007 Develop and implement service programs
CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
CHCMGT005 Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
CHCCCS004 Assess co-existing needs
CHCCSM005 Develop, facilitate and monitor all aspects of case management
CHCCSM006 Provide case management supervision
CHCCSM007 Undertake case management in a child protection framework
CHCLEG001 Work Legally and ethically
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
HLTAID014 Provide advanced First Aid
Contact a Careers Advisor for full details of this course including Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), Credit Transfer. Tuition fees and financing options are available here.
Speak with a Careers Advisor for full details of this course including Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer. Details of tuition fees are available on this website.
What you will need:
- Access to the internet
- Computer Access with a web camera (word processing, Skype, web surfing, downloading forms and templates)
- Access to Google Drive (Google account)
- Email address (for enrolment communication)
It really is as easy as it sounds!
Australian Careers Business College gives you great learning materials and instructions and amazing personal support. In a classroom with others you may feel embarrassed to ask questions.
With your dedicated Personal Learning Coach and Assessors, at Australian Careers Business College you will be top of the class every time.
Fast track to university with credit points at leading universities
Every year hundreds of Australian Careers Business College Graduates use their vocational qualification to fast track into leading universities.
Australian Careers Business College has negotiated credit point deals with the following universities for successful graduates of the full Diploma of Community Services qualification:
Graduates may be eligible for up to one year’s recognition.
Want to discuss your pathway to university? Book a Careers Advice Session.
Our Careers Advisors are on hand to help you plan a pathway to the university degree you are striving for and show you how you can achieve your career goals. Click here to contact a Careers Advisor.
The ACBC advantage
Completing CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services through ACBC offers you several career advantages. ACBC graduates are eligible for a guaranteed 80 credit points, with 160 remaining into Bachelor of Social Science and Bachelor of Social Work at Western Sydney University.
What are you waiting for?
Are you ready to make a real difference in your career opportunities? Join over 6,000 ACBC Graduates who have made the step to rewarding employment or university.
Click here to make an enquiry and you could be studying in less than a week. Wow! It couldn’t be easier. Click here for your options of managing payment for your career investment.
Get the qualifications you deserve at a pace that suits you! We’re with you all the way!
Have Questions Before You Enrol?
- Duration 52/78 weeks
- Skill level AQF 5
- Language English
What support will you have?
ACBC provides real support in real-time. We know that you have commitments other than study – and so we make our support team available
- Our specialist Learning Coaches are available to you for an average of 2 hours per unit of competency. That’s like having your own private tutor!
- For CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services , we guarantee you a minimum of 34 hours of personal one-on-one telephone and email support to help you to complete your qualification.
- You can book a telephone or Zoom coaching session with your Learning Coach
- IT assistance is available through our IT Support Unit.
- You can access Career Guidance support Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm by emailing our Careers Advisors and booking a support session.
- Our course administrators will keep an eye on how often you are logging into study. If we think you need more study time or to extend your course time – we’ll get in touch!
What learning resources you will have access to?
At ACBC we believe that learning should be stress free. Everything you need is provided via password login access, Including:
- Learner study guides (downloadable)
- Assessment guides (downloadable)
- Links to digital media for study and research
- Online college community forums
- Webinars and tutorials – simply book in and link with other online students
How will YOU be assessed?
Whether you are new to vocational study or are coming back for more, our assessment system is one of the fairest and consistent around.
- There are assessment tasks (assessments) for each of the 16 units of competency in the Diploma of Community Services.
- Assessments may include research projects; written exercises and online activities.
- When you nominate a course duration, we will provide you with a customised assessment submission timetable.
- We use a simple to use cloud-based system called ‘eSkilled’.
- Simply complete your study; download and complete an assessment template from eSkilled and then upload it back to eSkilled.
- Your assessor will assess your work within 3 business days and send you an assessment outcome report.
- Sometimes you may need more than one attempt at an assessment task. Don’t worry! We provide our online students with up to 3 attempts at each assessment task.
- If you need to resubmit a task or part of a task, you can book an assessment feedback session to discuss where you need to focus in your resubmission.
*Support available by appointment