SIT50116 Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
Is it time to take your travel career to the next level? It’s as easy as 1-2-3-Graduate with Australian Careers Business College Online.
ACBC online is as easy as ‘1-2-3-Graduate’
1. Make an enquiry, complete enrolment and select a duration for study (52 or 78 weeks.)
2. Log in and access your course materials and support.
3. Log in weekly and complete your study tasks and assessments.
Graduate with a full nationally-recognised qualification when you have demonstrated competency for all units or graduate with a nationally-recognised Statement of Attainment for selected units.
Whether you are looking for a career choice or seeking to progress in your career, this versatile qualification will give you the skills and knowledge for a great career in travel and tourism.
You could be studying for this nationally recognised qualification within three business days!*
We have all the tools and support you need – at a pace to suit you. There’s no to need to attend a campus to enrol or complete your study.
You could be framing your Australian Careers Business College qualification within 12 months**. How does it get better than that?
*Courses commence on the next available Monday from your application date allowing for administration requirements **Depends on your selected course duration.
Travel and Tourism is a multi-dimensional sector. SIT50116 Diploma of Travel & Tourism Management primes you for diverse roles in both the immediate industry and related fields. This is the ideal qualification if you are considering entering the Travel and Tourism industry or seeking to extend your current career prospects.
You will develop critical industry skills including itinerary compilation, specialist reservation systems and software plus customer service excellence. The course also considers crucial leadership and people management skills.
Travel & Tourism Management professionals enjoy numerous advantages including:
- Diverse employment prospects with rapid industry growth
- Superior career portability to work in Australian or international tourism markets
- Numerous career avenues including airlines, travel agencies, cruise lines, hotel chains and tour agencies.
Quick Check: Am I ready for this qualification?
Take our quick check to see if you’re ready to change your life through study with Australian Careers Business College online.
- Year 11 of the NSW Higher School Certificate or its equivalent.
Don’t have this entry requirement? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! We have a simple and easy online assessment for you to help us determine that the course will suit your abilities. Talk to a Careers Advisor about this.
- No pre-requisites for this course.
It’s important to make sure that your online study fits in with your work and lifestyle.
- Choose from 12 OR 18 months to complete your study
|SIT50116 Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management|
|Study option||Recommended minimum weekly study||Recommended minimum coach contact||Suggested minimum weekly log-ins|
SIT50116 Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
SIT50116 Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management has 23 subjects (units). The course has been designed using the guidelines provided in the SIT Training package. There are 12 core units and 11 elective units. The subjects are listed below:
BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
SITTIND001 Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry
SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences
SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
SITXFIN002 Interpret financial information
SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets
SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
SITTTSL005 Sell tourism products and services
SITTTSL006 Prepare quotations
SITTTSL008 Book supplier products and services
SITTTSL009 Process travel-related documentation
SITTTSL010 Use a computerised reservations or operations system
SITTTSL011 Source airfares for domestic flights
SITTTSL012 Construct normal international airfares
SITTTSL013 Construct promotional international airfares
BSBADM502 Manage meetings
BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
SITXMPR002 Create a promotional display or stand
Speak with a Careers Advisor for full details of this course including Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer. Details of tuition fees are available on this website.
What you will need:
- Access to the internet
- Computer Access with a web camera (word processing, Skype, web surfing, downloading forms and templates)
- Access to Google Drive (Google account)
- Email address (for enrolment communication)
It really is as easy as it sounds!
Australian Careers Business College gives you great learning materials and instructions and amazing personal support. In a classroom with others you may feel embarrassed to ask questions.
With your dedicated Personal Learning Coach and Assessors, at Australian Careers Business College you will be top of the class every time.
Fast track to university with credit points at leading universities
Every year hundreds of Australian Careers Business College Graduates use their vocational qualification to fast track into leading universities.
Australian Careers Business College has negotiated credit point deals with the following universities for successful graduates of the full Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management qualification:
Australian Catholic University
80 credit points (160 credit points remain) into Bachelor of Tourism Management
Western Sydney University
80 credit points towards the Bachelor of Tourism Management
Want to discuss your pathway to university? Book a Careers Advice Session.
Our Careers Advisors are on hand to help you plan a pathway to the university degree you are striving for and show you how you can achieve your career goals. Click here to contact a Careers Advisor.
The ACBC advantage
Completing SIT50116 Diploma of Travel & Tourism Management through ACBC gives you several career advantages. Our syllabus has been developed with Australian travel and tourism professionals to ensure industry-relevant skill-building. Your course will be supported by industry-respected trainers and assessors to advance your work-readiness.
What are you waiting for?
Are you ready to make a real difference in your career opportunities? Join over 6,000 ACBC Graduates who have made the step to rewarding employment or university.
Get the qualifications you deserve at a pace that suits you! We’re with you all the way!
Have Questions Before You Enrol?
- Duration 52/78 weeks
- Skill level AQF 5
- Language English
What support will you have?
ACBC provides real support in real-time. We know that you have commitments other than study – and so we make our support team available from 9am to 8pm -7 days a week*
- Our specialist Learning Coaches are available to you for an average of 2 hours per unit of competency. That’s like having your own private tutor!
- For SIT50116 Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management, we guarantee you a minimum of 24 hours of personal one-on-one telephone and email support to help you to complete your qualification.
- You can book a telephone or Skype coaching session with your Learning Coach 7 days a week between 9am and 8pm (book 24 hours ahead).
- IT assistance is available through our IT Support Unit.
- You can access Career Guidance support Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm by emailing our Careers Advisors and booking a support session.
- Our course administrators will keep an eye on how often you are logging into study. If we think you need more study time or to extend your course time – we’ll get in touch!
What learning resources you will have access to?
At ACBC we believe that learning should be stress free. Everything you need is provided via password login access, Including:
- Learner study guides (downloadable)
- Assessment guides (downloadable)
- Links to digital media for study and research
- Online college community forums
- Webinars and tutorials – simply book in and link with other online students
How will YOU be assessed?
Whether you are new to vocational study or are coming back for more, our assessment system is one of the fairest and consistent around.
- There are assessment tasks (assessments) for each of the 23 units of competency in the Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management.
- Assessments may include research projects; written exercises and online activities.
- When you nominate a course duration, we will provide you with a customised assessment submission timetable.
- We use a simple to use cloud-based system called ‘CloudAssess’.
- Simply complete your study; download and complete an assessment template from CloudAssess and then upload it back to CloudAssess.
- Your assessor will assess your work within 3 business days and send you an assessment outcome report.
- Sometimes you may need more than one attempt at an assessment task. Don’t worry! We provide our online students with up to 3 attempts at each assessment task.
- If you need to resubmit a task or part of a task, you can book an assessment feedback session to discuss where you need to focus in your resubmission.
*Support available by appointment