Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training (VET) system, launched in 2015 to assist people in NSW gain the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers. ACBC is an approved provider under Smart and Skilled for selected courses. Course subsidies may not be available for all courses. Speak to a Careers Advisor for more information.
Smart and Skilled qualifications are subsidised by the NSW Government. Eligible students can choose from various qualifications, from Certificate I to Advanced Diploma.
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- – an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- – government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
To be eligible for a Smart and Skilled place you must meet the following criteria
- – Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder, or New Zealand citizen, and
- – aged 15 years or older, and
- – left school, and
- – live or work in New South Wales (or a defined NSW border), or
- – Registered as a NSW Apprentice or New Entrant Trainee
Smart and Skilled Information:
- Smart and Skilled Eligibility Criteria
- Smart and Skilled Deferral or Withdrawal
- Smart and Skilled Fees and Refunds
- Smart and Skilled RPL and Credit Transfer
- Smart and Skilled Student Support
- Smart and Skilled Subcontractor Information
- Smart and Skilled Unique Student Identifier
- Smart and Skilled VET Student Loans Program
- Smart and Skilled Consumer Protection Policy